18.1.14

Gone and Forgotten

Bad memories are just that, but it's how you deal with them and learn from them that defines you. Personally, I haven't dealt with them very well of late and that's been holding me back. I've lost my way and it's been a struggle to find my way back.

But maybe I've turned a corner. This past week hasn't been kind to me health wise but it's given me time to think, leading to a long conversation or two about where I am and what I want to do. I admit, I hate conversing, I hate trying to communicate what's going on in my head because there are times when even I don't understand it. But it was needed, it was warranted.

So now I need to refocus. Not everything will go my way, I know that, but I have to try. I'm looking at finding a literary agent, that's the first step of many. But first, I need to kickstart this blog and find my voice. I'm creative and, yes, I ramble a bit and my editing skills need work, but creativity drives me. It defines me.

So I'm pushing forward through the scrub and the dirt. It will be slow and cumbersome but that's part of the challenge, after all. Those bad memories will be gone and forgotten with time, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments: