26.2.12

My War Against Boredom

It's been an interesting, entertaining, eye opening week. But I knew it would be.

Work was up and down, thankfully it ended on a high note. Ebony has settled in well, it's awesome to have someone to have lunch with, though I have to reduce my spending in the coming weeks, so that means less eating out. Especially having just purchased a Playstation Vita (which is rather awesome).

Friday night was San Cisco night. I'll admit, I hate dancing ... actually no, I don't 'hate' it. When I was a kid, someone made fun of me dancing. Stupid as it sounds, I've avoided it ever since. I just like listening to the beat, the lyrics, let the music flow over. It's more fun for me that way. I kinda know ballroom dancing though, so make of that what you will :p

The band themselves were great, including the warm up act. I like the idea of smaller venues, the more casual aspect of it is appealing. I also discovered a sudden interest in jazz! Jazz hands ahoy!

Saturday was Karen's party for some bloke I never met day, not that it mattered, it was still cool. I survived my attempt at cooking chicken kebabs, survived a drive to mcdonalds for Ebony's craving, had the best risotto ever and just generally had a ball.

My only gripe is, I was almost dead on my feet. It's not that I'm getting home late, I get back here by midnight. But having to drive over an hour does take it out of me, especially when it's one boring, straight road followed by another slightly curved boring road :p No, I'm not reconsidering anything, I love Mandurah and this new house. I just have to get used to less sleep if I'm going to continue my war against boredom.

But so far so good. And I've got the best people beside me to make every day even more entertaining. There are moments and memories that can bring me down at times, but that's just part of what makes me ... well ... me! I'm just grateful that the friends that I have are so caring and understanding despite my tendency to break out into song ...

I'm kidding, but if I did break out into song, seriously, punch me ;)

Anyway, unfortunately my phone has been playing up, so my promise of posting photos will have to wait until I figure out what's going on. I've narrowed it down to a bad system update, so I'm rolling it back to default and installing everything again. Other than that, since February is coming to a close, I'm rating it an A-.

It wasn't perfect, but it was damn close :) Thank you everyone involved!

No comments: