20.2.12

Worried, and the Loss of it.

I worry a lot. Take today for instance. I was worried about my friend, first day on the new job, hoping it would all go well. It did, of course, which made me extremely happy for her.

I've been worried about the old house, the fact that it hasn't sold yet. And then we got an offer today, finally. It isn't over yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

I've been worrying all my life really, but I guess my point is, I shouldn't have to. Yet I do. It's a part of my life, I always seem to find something to stir it up again. I've had moments where it's been so bad, I make myself sick over it. Thankfully that hasn't happened for a long time.

Being that this is the year where everything changes, for the right reasons, I need to find a way to cut this out of my life. Worry only gets me so far, and it isn't worth it (as the above two examples clearly show, I didn't need to). I tell other people not to worry, and hear I am posting about my own issues with it. No more.

This is the first part of the new plan, lighten up and enjoy life more. If things go wrong, they go wrong, it doesn't have to change me for uncontrollable reasons and cause any undue harm, I just have to learn from it and move on.

No comments: