11.5.12

Perhaps

It's been a while since I posted. I've been putting the time into my exegesis, trying to get it done on time.

It's not easy, writing something so technical and one dimensional. I'm quickly learning that even if I got the right result, phd just isn't for me. It's not that I couldn't try, what I've done so far is far more than I originally anticipated, and that's all from trying. I needed to know how hard I could push myself, how far I could go. I think, now, I've figured it out.

So perhaps I won't get as high a mark as I hoped for the work that I'm doing now. Perhaps I won't get anywhere near that at all. But that's not the point. I've learnt all I can now. I have to start putting it onto paper. Just not poems either. I have a book to finish, more than one if I get the chance.

Hopefully, one day, I'll get the chance to make something of all of this. It's going to happen, eventually. I know they say it's bad to ask for a little good luck, that luck isn't what's required from life, but hey, can't hurt right? Just a little?

Besides, I'll be thirty in just over a month. God still hands out birthday presents, doesn't he?

No comments: